Monday, June 23, 2008

Spinach Corn and Potato Soup

I was in a mood to have a light dinner on a Sunday night, I just wanted something warm to soothe my throat, and I thought of spinach, corn and potato soup. It turned out really good, and infact Raj does not like soup, but he had a whole bowlful of soup as well! :)This soup barely look about 15-20 minutes to make. I was happy with the outcome so hear is the recipe.

Ingredients:

1 large bag of spinach
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1/2 an onion finely chopped
1 can of corn
2 small potatoes peeled and diced small
1 container of vegetable broth(I use Trader Joes broth)
1-2 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
salt and pepper to taste


Method:

In a large pot, at medium heat, put olive oil and butter and let it melt. Add the onions, garlic and potatoes, and let the potatoes soften for about 7 - 10 minutes. Add the broth, and then the spinach and corn. Let the spinach leaves wilt, and boil for about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix the sour cream for a creamy consistency.

Blend this mixture in 2 parts, so that it does not splash on you when blending. Now use a sieve with large pores to get a smooth consistency for the soup. It is ready for you to slurppp on! :)

2 comments:

shveta agrawal said...

Looks like a nice easy recipe. I was running out of soup ideas so am going to try this out today!

thanks for the reciepe.
Shveta

Shveta said...

Tried out the reciepe. Turned out great! I ended up not using the broth, but used thyme and basil for a lil flavoring.I sprinkled some green onions as an added touch.
The sour creme gave it a good flavor. Had the soup for my lunch as well! Yummy and filling!